The 2015 Club Championships will be held on Sunday 7th June.
OPEN TO ALL MEMBERS
Notice of Race available here and below:
ISLAND BARN RESERVOIR SAILING CLUB
Notice Of Race
Sunday 7th June 2015
· Open to all IBRSC members
· Enter via normal IBRSC race entry. Competitors should indicate the age of helm and crew (if applicable) at the entry board
· The following age categories, based on age of the helm, apply:
o Junior = 17 and under
o Adult = 18 – 39
o Master = 40 – 49
o Grand Master = 50 - 64
o Veteran = 65 and over
· 2 x Handicap races of approx. 50mins duration will be run
· First race start will not before 10.30am
· Second race start will be notified ashore
· The Race Officer may decide to run a separate start for Juniors, depending on entries. In which case elapsed times will be adjusted for starting time when calculating overall results
· Overall results will be calculated using Club Portsmouth Numbers.
· Age category results for Grand Masters and Veterans will be calculated using age adjusted Club Portsmouth Numbers as follows:
o The ages in years of helm and crew will be added. For single-handed boats the helm's age is doubled.
o For a combined age greater than 100 the PN will be increased by 2 points per year over 100.
o For a combined age less than 100 the PN will be decreased by 3 points per year under 100
§ Helm aged 55, crew aged 59. Combined age 114. New handicap number is PN + (114-100) × 2 = PN + 28
§ Single-handed helm aged 55. Doubled age = 110. New handicap number is PN + ( 110-100) × 2 = PN + 20
§ Helm aged 55, crew aged 15. Combined age = 70. New handicap number is PN + (70-100) × 3 = PN - 90
· IBRSC Club Sailing Instructions will apply
· Scoring will be as per Special Events in the SI’s, i.e. both races count towards overall position
· Prizes will be awarded for Overall and age category positions